- About Us
- Member Resources
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
The Federation's member organizations are encouraged to submit job opportunities for posting on our website at no cost. You may provide a link or submit your job announcement to Rachel Bishop, Programs Administrator for The Federation. All job postings will be kept active for one month unless otherwise specified.
Executive Director, Northwest Spay & Neuter Center (Posted 8.11.14)
The Executive Director works closely with the Northwest Spay & Neuter Center board and staff to advance the organization’s mission by providing leadership, strategic planning and growth. The Executive Director oversees organization operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, and cost-effective management of resources.
Reports to: The Board of Directors.
Type: Full-time, exempt
1. Collaborate with board, staff and other stakeholders to regularly update the organization’s strategic plan, as well as implement and track progress toward objectives.
2. Represent the organization as the chief spokesperson while actively promoting spay and neuter as a solution to the problem of animal overpopulation.
3. Seek out and maintain community contacts with government officials, agencies, civic groups, other nonprofit organizations, the media, and professional groups and networks.
4. Oversee the preparation of the operating budget and monitor the financial performance of the organization. Review and approve all department budgets.
5. Stay current on animal welfare issues as well as the evolving needs for our services in the community.
6. Pursue continuing education in nonprofit management and field-of-service topics.
7. Write and oversee grant applications including planning, implementation, and administration.
8. Provide support for the governance work of the Board of Directors, while continually enhancing the relationship between clinic employees and the Board.
9. Perform related duties as identified.
• Oversee the design, marketing, and promotion of programs and services.
• Oversee the fund development program and coordinate its implementation.
• Oversee the management of staff, volunteers, and interns including hiring, supervising, evaluating, disciplining, training, development and termination.
• Ensure all policies, plans and programs are regularly reviewed, modified and followed to maximize efficiencies and reflect nonprofit and medical best practices.
• Ensure organization provides quality medical care and client services.
• Ensure staff, volunteers and interns are recognized for their individual contributions to the success of the organization.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, or relevant work experience plus a bachelor's degree.
• Minimum of three years of executive-level management experience (nonprofit experience preferred).
• Excellent managerial and organizational skills.
• Commitment to promoting teamwork and inspiring individual excellence.
• Ability to think strategically and to develop and implement operating plans.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to design and maintain effective systems, organize resources, and establish priorities.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management, including developing and managing budgets, cash flow analysis, and financial reporting.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to advance the mission of the organization within diverse communities.
• Knowledge of the fundraising process and proven ability to develop resources.
• Commitment to Northwest Spay & Neuter Center’s mission and values.
• Knowledge of public relations communication principles, practices and techniques.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and salary requirements to: Executive Director Search, nwsnc.EDsearch@gmail.com.
Please check these sites for additional job opportunities:
The Humane Society of the United States
Society of Animal Welfare Administrators
American Humane Association
National Animal Control Association