- About Us
- Member Resources
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
"We Love Our Pets" License Plate Grants
Starting in early 2007, The Federation began to receive revenue from the sales of the "We Love Our Pets" license plates. In an effort to be proactive regarding the pet overpopulation problem in our state, these funds have been earmarked through an agreement with the State of Washington for spay/neuter surgeries for dogs and cats in our state. As of the end of 2013, nearly $400,000 in grant funds have been awarded by The Federation, enabling the completion of more than 14,000 spay/neuter surgeries in Washington State!
Federation Member organizations are eligible to apply for grant funding of up to $5,000. Grant proposals are accepted on a quarterly basis, with application deadlines falling on March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31.
The Federation is now accepting grant applications solely through our new, streamlined and completely online application system! If you are a member agency and would like to apply for a spay/neuter grant, please see the below web-based form.
- Be a voting member of The Washington Federation of Animal Care and Control Agencies
- Have submitted a response to the Animal Population Survey for the previous year no later than June 30 of the current year
- Agree to use the funds solely for spay and neuter surgeries of dogs or cats residing in Washington State
- Use the funds to increase the total number of spay/neuter surgeries performed by your organization
- Agree to use funds within a six month period
- Wait twelve months before applying again for grant funding
Provide a final report on how the funds were used, which includes:
Results of project, financial accounting of funds, and
how the “We Love Our Pets” license plate was promoted
Priority given to organizations that:
- Target cats, Pit Bull breeds and Pit Bull breed mixes, or other "at risk" populations
- Target pets of low-income pet owners
- Target areas with restricted access to low-cost spay/neuter surgery
- Target communities with high euthanasia rates
- Can provide the most number of spay/neuter surgeries for the lowest cost
- Work collaboratively with other organizations
"We Love Our Pets" Past Grantees:
Click on the balloons below to view the name and location of each past grantee.
View "We Love Our Pets" Spay/Neuter Grant Recipients in a full screen map