- About Us
- Member Resources
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Starting in early 2007, the Federation began to receive revenue from the sales of the "We Love Our Pets" license plates. In an effort to be proactive regarding the pet overpopulation problem in our state, these funds have been earmarked through an agreement with the State of Washington for actual spay/neuter surgeries for dogs and cats in our state. As of 2012, more than $300,000 in grant funds have been awarded by The Federation, enabling the completion of more than 12,000 spay/neuter surgeries in Washington State!
Member organizations are eligible to apply for grant funding of up to $5,000. Grant proposals are accepted on a quarterly basis, with application deadlines falling on March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31. Click here to download the grant application.
If you have any questions regarding the grant process, please feel free to contact Board President Denise McVicker.
- Be a voting member of The Washington Federation of Animal Care and Control Agencies
- Have submitted a response to the Animal Population Survey for the previous year no later than June 30 of the current year
- Agree to use the funds solely for spay and neuter surgeries of dogs or cats residing in Washington State
- Use the funds to increase the total number of spay/neuter surgeries performed by your organization
- Agree to use funds within a six month period
- Wait twelve months before applying again for grant funding
Provide a final report on how the funds were used, which includes:
Results of project, financial accounting of funds, and
how the “We Love Our Pets” license plate was promoted
Priority given to organizations that:
- Target cats, Pit Bull breeds and Pit Bull breed mixes, or other "at risk" populations
- Target pets of low-income pet owners
- Target areas with restricted access to spay/neuter surgery
- Target communities with high euthanasia rates
- Can provide the most number of spay/neuter surgeries for the lowest cost
- Work collaboratively with other organizations
"We Love Our Pets" Past Grantees:
Click on the balloons below, or scroll down the map, to view the name and location of each past grantee.
View "We Love Our Pets" Spay/Neuter Grant Recipients in a full screen map