- About Us
- Member Resources
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Emergency Animal Relief Funds
The Federation offers Emergency Animal Relief (E.A.R.) funds to our member organizations in the case of an emergency such as a natural disaster, a fire in the shelter, a major fire in the community served, or a devastating epidemic in the shelter or community served.
- Must be a current Member of The Washington Federation of Animal Care & Control Agencies
- Organization must operate within Washington State
Use of the Funds
- The funds shall be granted by the Federation for the animals affected by the emergency or disaster – food, shelter, medicine and/or veterinary care. The funds can also be used to purchase necessary equipment for direct care of the animals, such as cages, crates or collars.
- Also covered are the expenses associated with transporting and/or boarding animals, if they must be housed elsewhere.
- The recipient organization is required to keep receipts and related documentation. Copies of the receipts need to be submitted for reimbursement by the Federation.
- To expedite the process, request for Federation assistance can be made first in person or by phone to The Federation’s Executive Secretary or the current President.
- Following the initial request, a formal rquest must be made in writing and sent to either the Executive Secretary or the President.
Amount of E.A.R. Funds Available
- The amount granted by The Federation for the emergency will be based on the situation and available funds.
- There are no set amounts on the size of the request, although the amount available is subject to change depending upon the current fund balance.
The availability of these Emergency Animal Relief Funds are made possible by donations. Please consider making a donation so that we can continue providing this valuable resource to the animal welfare community.