- About Us
- Member Resources
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Looking for inexpensive training opportunities for your staff? Consider trainings by The Federation customized to your needs. Low on funds for training? Partner with other groups in your area to host a training, or browse by the subject areas below.
Please note these listings are a compilation of trainings offered by various agencies. The sponsoring agency is noted in parentheses following each offering. All training times are reflected in Pacific Standard/Daylight Time.
Animal Care & Behavior
- Living with Wildlife: All About Canada Geese - 06.10.15, 10 AM Webinar
Animal Control/Cruelty Investigations
- Introducing "Adopters Welcome" Approach: Finding, Engaging and Supporting Adopters - 06.03.15, 10 AM- 11 AM Webinar
Spay/Neuter & TNR
Human Resources/Career Development
- Compassion Fatigue Workshop - 06.16.15 Kennewick, WA
OTHER TRAINING RESOURCES:
- Humane Society University offers a number of on-line courses on an ongoing basis throughout the year. With subject areas ranging from emergency management and humane law enforcement to advocacy and humane education, you'll be sure to find a course suited to your needs. Please visit the course listings on their website for more information.
- Grant Space offers a variety of courses in finding funders, fundraising planing, developing proposals and managing non-profits. Many of these courses are recorded webinars or self-paced elearning offered at no charge. Please visit their website for a full list of offerings.
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) offers free, online courses regarding dealing with animals in disaster situations. The courses are self-study and can be completed at your own pace.
- Petfinder Pro offers a comprehensive list of animal welfare continuing education opportunities, including both on-line and in-person courses which can be sorted by demographic location and/or category.