- About Us
- Member Resources
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Looking for inexpensive training opportunities for your staff? Consider trainings by The Federation customized to your needs. Low on funds for training? Partner with other groups in your area to host a training, or browse by the subject areas below.
Please note these listings are a compilation of trainings offered by various agencies. The sponsoring agency is noted in parentheses following each offering. All training times are reflected in Pacific Standard/Daylight Time.
Animal Care & Behavior
- A Case Study on Canine Fear - Learn About Fear in Family Dogs (Pet Professionals Guild Webinar) Monday, December 15, 2014; 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Animal Control/Cruelty Investigations
Ethical Issues when Working on Animal Cruelty Cases (ASPCApro Webinar)
Thursday, December 11, 2014, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Medical Aspects of Shelter Animal Transport Programs (ASPCApro Webinar)
Wednesday, December 10, 2014, 12:00-1:30 p.m.
Spay/Neuter & TNR
- Democracy Needs You! Five Essential Advocacy Tools that will Shape Your World (Seattle Department of Neighborhoods), Wednesday, Decemeber 3, 2014, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the University of Washington, Seattle
SUCCESSION PLANNING FOR NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS: Creating A Culture of Leadership Continuity To Advance Your Mission (The Third Sector Company, Inc.)
Thursday, December 11, 2014, 1:00–4:00 p.m.
Location: Seattle TBD
Human Resources/Career Development
Facilitation and Decision-Making for Boards (United Way of King County)
Tuesday, December 9, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
Cost: $45, Details and Registration soon
BOARD CHAIRS ACADEMY (The Third Sector Company)
Location: The Arc of King County, 233 Sixth Avenue North, Seattle, Washington
All classes are held from 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
Six Progressive Topics and 21 Hours of Cohort Learning:
The Art of Nonprofit Leadership – November 14
The Science of Board Development – December 12
Board Involvement In Fundraising – January 9
Essential Elements of Succession Planning - February 13
Chief Executive Performance Planning & Review – March 13
The Strategic Board of Directors – April 10
OTHER TRAINING RESOURCES:
- Humane Society University offers a number of on-line courses on an ongoing basis throughout the year. With subject areas ranging from emergency management and humane law enforcement to advocacy and humane education, you'll be sure to find a course suited to your needs. Please visit the course listings on their website for more information.
- Grant Space offers a variety of courses in finding funders, fundraising planing, developing proposals and managing non-profits. Many of these courses are recorded webinars or self-paced elearning offered at no charge. Please visit their website for a full list of offerings.
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) offers free, online courses regarding dealing with animals in disaster situations. The courses are self-study and can be completed at your own pace.
- Petfinder Pro offers a comprehensive list of animal welfare continuing education opportunities, including both on-line and in-person courses which can be sorted by demographic location and/or category.